Welcome back to School!!!
Please read message below for 21-22 registration and schedule pick up instructions.
Registration for the new 2021-2022 school year for Italy ISD all grades opens up first thing tomorrow morning. All registration will be conducted online in the Ascender Parent Portal just like last year. There have been some updates to the Ascender parent portal, the new link to the parent portal is https://portals10.ascendertx.com/ParentPortal/login?distid=070907 Your login from last year will be the same as last year, if you have forgotten your password please click on the forgot password or forgot user name link to reset them. Once you are logged in you will see your students already waiting for you to continue their registration. For new student registration, please click on the Create Account tab to begin registering a new student who was not in Italy the year before. Please continue the registration and verify that all the information is current and up to date. Please double check the address information for parents, students, and emergency contacts is correctly entered into the correct space. This information is important and needs to be accurate so that when Italy ISD sends out messages and alerts that they go to the correct people. If you have any trouble with getting your user name or passwords, please contact the campus secretary of either school for assistance. The new Principal for Italy High School has a document for the Jr High and High school students and parents. Please read it carefully so you will know what is expected to have a smooth registration for the new year.
Need to Knows About Schedule Pick-Up
What is NEW?
- ●New Principal - Sharon Graves
- ●New Counselor - Meredith DeBorde
- ●New School Hours: 8:00 am - 3:40 pm
- ●New Law Regarding Required Intervention
- ○Any student who was not successful on a STAAR or EOC test is required to have intervention. This means that there may be an Academic Support class on the schedule and that can’t be changed. This does not mean that any student is less than another student or that we are just concerned about the performance on the STAAR test. We will use this classroom opportunity to close gaps that may have resulted from COVID, help students recover credit that may have been lost in a previous course, assist students focusing on the ACT, SAT, or TSI, or give students extra tutoring opportunities in preparation for a future STAAR or EOC.
What do you do FIRST?
- ●Complete the online registration process - this MUST be completed before any schedule will be given to a student
- ●Make certain that your student is up to date on immunization requirements.
- ○All incoming 7th grade students have required vaccinations.
- ○Anyone new to the district must provide a complete vaccination record.
- ○If your student has medical concerns, please begin the paperwork process with your physician now so you can bring the necessary paperwork needed to have medications on campus. This is especially true for students who may have asthma, seizures, severe allergies, and diabetes.
What do you BRING?
- ●Proof of Residency
- ●Photo ID of the person registering the student - can be uploaded while completing online registration. We can make a copy of this if unable to upload.
- ●If your student will be driving to school and will need a parking permit, we must have:
- ○$20 for parking permit (cash or check only)
- ○Copy of student’s driver’s license
- ○Copy of insurance that has your student’s name on it
- ●You can pick up your students' chromebook if the chromebook fees have been paid for the new school year.(cash or check only) Fees are $25.00, $15.00 for reduced lunch, $10.00 for free lunch if you qualify. Please complete the Free and Reduced Lunch form online.
No schedule will be issued without ALL online registration components completed!!!!!
No schedule will be changed the day of pick up!!!
What DAY and TIME do you COME?
- ●Incoming 12th and 11th Grade - Wednesday, August 11, 2021 -- 8:30 am -10:30 am
- ●Incoming 10th and 9th Grade - Wednesday, August 11, 2021 -- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- ●Incoming 8th and 7th Grade - Wednesday, August 11, 2021 -- 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- ●Anyone unable to come during designated time above may come on Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Meet the Teacher and Walk your schedule - Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Counselor will have office hours for schedule changes if needed
- Chromebooks can also be picked up on the first day of school, and the first week of school, by the student. They would still need to bring their chromebook fees, cash or check will be accepted at the school, fees must be paid before receiving a chromebook.